The influence of applications, whether mobile or web apps, on human lives, keeps growing day by day. As per Insider Intelligence, people spend 88% of their mobile time on apps, proving how apps are an integral part of our lives. The importance of software testing is also growing day by day as the demand for perfect, bugless applications increases. With numerous options available for download, users are intolerant of apps with lackluster functionality and user experience.
Companies realize that to avoid app uninstalls, rejections, and poor reviews, rigorous testing processes are a must. Hence, along with the rise in app production, the demand for advanced software testing tools has also grown simultaneously. Technologies in software testing also keep evolving constantly. Time-consuming manual methods have been replaced by speedier and more efficient testing processes using automation tools that have significantly reduced the need for human intervention in repetitive tasks.
More recently, cloud-based automation tools have been preferred by testers since they do not require the installation of physical components on-premise and reduce operational costs significantly. Many organizations conduct their testing processes with the cloud-based automation testing platform LambdaTest, known for its unique features and benefits. What makes LambdaTest so popular? Let us delve a little deeper into the testing tool’s capabilities to know it better.
Understanding LambdaTest and its features
LambdaTest is a robust test automation platform that allows mobile and web testing across numerous browsers, OS, and devices. It has some features, like Selenium and Cypress grid or integrated issue trackers, that are not commonly found in other tools.
Features of LambdaTest
- Allows the testing of your applications on real devices for more comprehensive testing
- Lets you scale your testing up or down along with your changing requirements
- Facilitates testing of native mobile applications on its online real device cloud and virtual testing platform consisting of emulators and simulators
- Brings down your costs by eliminating the need for an in-house device lab
- Allows cross-browser testing of your web apps on the latest mobile browsers
- Provides step-by-step documentation
Despite such advantages, LambdaTest has its drawbacks:
Cons of LambdaTest:
- It needs to add more features available for free
- Live executions can be slow sometimes
- It offers limited integration with CI/CD tools
- It has limited debugging options
Because of these disadvantages, testers who find LambdaTest unsuitable for their testing are always looking for suitable alternatives. We have curated a list of the best LambdaTest alternatives with their key features to help you compare them and make an informed decision.
Best LambdaTest Alternatives in 2023
Compare the capabilities of these five LambdaTest alternatives before you select an appropriate automation testing platform for your project.
It is one of the most promising end-to-end automation testing platforms to come up in recent years. It is known for its ability to simplify even the most complex testing processes with its AI-powered capabilities. Apart from an easy-to-understand user interface and its scriptless test creation features, TestGrid is also the go-to platform for all your testing needs, be it cross-browser testing or API testing, even if you want to derive performance metrics about the application you are testing.
Features of TestGrid:
- Get access to hundreds of real devices and browsers any time you require
- Remote access to teams for manual and automation testing
- Offers the ability to automate test cases with the use of simple keywords
- Use its AI features to auto-heal and access the code
- Allows web-based full-scale API testing
- Lets you flexibly scale your testing efforts as and when needed
- Allows parallel testing across multiple test configurations, saving the time of testers
- Facilitates easy debugging on the go with detailed insights provided through test blogs
- Allows you to write test cases in simple English, BDD, and CSV and generate test cases by pasting them into its AI portal
- Rapid test case generation saves up to 80% of the time that might be spent on manual test case creation
It is a reliable cloud-based testing platform that offers all you want for your testing requirements, including real devices, emulators, and simulators. It is renowned for its advanced security features. Sauce Labs offers a private cloud for high-security testing and a public cloud for regular testing.
Features of Sauce Labs:
- Allows easy integration with more than 10 CI/CD tools for project maintenance
- Enhances productivity with Sauce Headless and Sauce Performance
- Provides system and unit testing capabilities
- Allows continuous and live testing
- Supports numerous new and legacy browsers
A popular open-source automation framework, Katalon Studio is known for its unique features. It has the capability to run pre-coded test scripts without the need for coding. It offers different packages to meet the testing needs of teams, including Katalon Studio, Runtime Engine, TestCloud, Studio Enterprise, TestOps, and Recorder.
Features of Katalon Studio:
- Allows cross-browser testing of applications on the cloud
- It offers everything from QA orchestration, test execution, and test analytics to maintenance and reporting
- Facilitates keyword-driven testing
- It allows testers to import SoapUI, Selenium, and Postman projects
- It allows the flexibility of record and playback, as well as manual and script mode
It is another excellent alternative to LambdaTest, which is renowned for its easy installation and features like easy integration with popular testing frameworks, such as Selenium, Cypress, and Jenkins.
Features of BrowserStack:
- Allows remote testing of your web pages
- By letting you test across various browsers and devices, it reduces your dependence on emulators and simulators
- It provides a safe testing infrastructure that offers uncompromising security features
- Offers advanced features like allowing you to test apps that require biometric authentication
- Allows testing your app’s performance across multiple network profiles like 2G, 3G, and 4G
It is a popular codeless testing tool that makes the test process simple with its no-code, NLP-based English test script writing. It allows the testing of web, mobile, and desktop apps on many devices.
Features of TestSigma:
- Allows seamless integrations with popular CI/CD tools
- Supports Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Facilitates parameterized testing
- Enables end-to-end testing of applications
- Facilitates data-driven testing and visual testing
The above five testing platforms are undoubtedly suitable alternatives for LambdaTest, each having its specific features and advantages. However, if you are looking for a solution that makes testing cost-effective and enables you to increase your ROI in the long run, you must select TestGrid, the codeless automation testing platform.
TestGrid is known for its superior levels of accuracy and efficiency and will elevate your testing efforts with its unmatched features that are far superior to LambdaTest or any other tool.
TestGrid is one of the most preferred LambdaTest alternative as it provides many features that LambdaTest does not offer, such as:
- Offers an in-built Appium inspector for locators
- Provides XCUITest support for iOS
- Offers test data parameterization
- Allows network-level testing
- Facilitates API load testing
- Provides app-level API performance metrics
- Provides rich data insights into the application under test
- Reduces yearly maintenance costs by up to 30%
All these advantages make it clear why TestGrid is the chosen LambdaTest alternative for most organizations. With TestGrid, you easily achieve the goals of faster software development and timely delivery of bugless applications to the market.